Effective: May 18, 2018
Thanks for using Sunny Usenet! Here we describe how we collect, use and handle your personal information when you use our websites and services (“Services”).
Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. As addressed in the federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and associated rules, we do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
What & Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, protect and improve our Services:
Account Information: We collect information when you register for an account, update your profile, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect include your first and last name, email address, phone number, username, zip code and country, payment method information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Location Information: We collect approximate location of your computer or device you use to connect to our website or Services based on your computer or device’s IP address.
Log Information: We collect server logs in connection with your use of our website and Services, which include IP address and the date and time of the connection.
Usage Information: We collect customer usage of the Services and amount of data transferred. We do not monitor where you post, what you download or what you put in news articles that you post.
Cookies: We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect and promote our Services. Cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understand how you are using and interacting with our websites and Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies.
Why: We combine the information we collect about you and this information for the following reasons:
- Process your transactions
- Provide and improve our websites and Services
- Communicate with you regarding support issues
- Send you information about our products, services, special events and promotions
- Detect and prevent fraudulent transaction and other illegal activities
- Share information with our corporate affiliates, parents or subsidiaries; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Reasons For Processing Your Data: We collect and use the personal data described above in order to provide you with the websites and Services in a reliable and secure manner. We only collect and use personal data for legitimate business needs.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With service providers in connection with the services they perform for us or you;
- In response to a request for information we believe is required by any applicable law, legal process or regulation or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- In connection with a sale, merger, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about billing information related to your account or customer support. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a written request.
International Data Transfers & Processing
The information we collect about you may be transferred to, and accessed from within, the United States, which may not offer the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to maintain an adequate level of protection for this information in the jurisdictions in which we process it. By accessing and using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S., which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
European Economic Area Residents
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding our processing of your personal data. Please see the sections below for more details.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only process personal data about in accordance with the following legal bases:
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, by processing your order and fulfilling the products or services you purchase.
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, to communicate with you about changes to our Services or legal documents, to prevent fraud, or to provide, protect and improve our products and services.
- If we request your consent to a specific processing activity (such as to send marketing emails), and you provide your consent in the manner indicated.
- In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.
Data Subject Requests
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that this data be corrected. In certain cases, you may also have the right to request that we erase data we are processing or to restrict or object to certain of our processing activities. You may also have the right to request that we provide you with the personal data you have provided us in a portable form for transmission to another controller’s service. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us.
Data Protection Authority
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints directly to us at email@example.com. Additionally, the list of Data Protection Authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
We have a team dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org